Friday, February 28, 2014

23 weeks

Only a day late, that's almost impressive :) Especially when you factor in two toddlers battling head colds (plus an ear infection for Miss E) and a sick husband, I deserve a medal!

Here's my 23 week update PLUS a comparison pic!


:: 23 Weeks with E&C on the left, 23 weeks with A on the right::

how far along:  23 weeks

size of baby according to the bump a grapefruit, between 10.5-11.8 inches long and weighing 12.7 to 20.8 ounces.  That's an odd grapefruit... And before she's been considered a banana which I think more accurately describes her length, a grapefruit is a bad comparison. I've seen better, like a spaghetti squash. That's a more accurate visual to me!

weight gain:  oh my, this was a crazy one... last week I had a doctor's appointment that had been pushed back to to me traveling during my normal appointment. The morning I woke up I had gained 3.5lbs since I weighed myself 48 hours before. Yikes!! That led to some extra precautions and monitoring at my appointment. But most of it turned out to be water weight which came off in the next couple of days. Basically I am up a total of 7-10lbs. Why the range? Well, I've decided to NOT use the top of my normal weight range (I have a 5lb range when I'm not pregnant) but usually I hang out right in the middle, which is also the weight on my license. So to be most accurate, I am 10lbs up from the weight listed on my DL. At a one pound increase per week and I am set to deliver at 39 weeks, we're looking at a 26 lb total gain which is one pound over my goal. Blah. But as my mom and doc pointed out, my weight gain will slow down those final weeks in the Missouri heat and being active with the girls outside. Good point!

maternity clothes:  My regular clothes still fit, and honestly I mainly wear them but I know that maternity clothes are easier so I've started slipping some casual maternity tanks and tees into my casual wardrobe. Maternity pants don't fit yet, neither do my maternity leggings! But they will soon I know.

symptoms:  Tons of movement from lil Miss Sassy! Oh my, Scott and I are already thinking she's going to be the most feisty which is scary considering the two strong willed, sassy toddlers we have roaming our house now. Last week Ellie climbed on to my belly and pushed right where A generally lays, so I quickly got her off my belly. As soon as E's lil hand was off, A pushed back VERY hard in that exact spot as to say "Get off me sissy!" Oy, sass is in abundance around here.

exercise:  Just my normal pilates/squats kind of action. Hopefully it warms up soon- I want to go walking!

cravings/aversions:  Sweets have been an issue this week, as in I love them. Still love caesar salads too. Still no Chinese or hard boiled eggs though.

movement:  Tons.  Last night I was laughing she was flipping so much!

sleep:  Not too bad as long as I don't wake up to pee in the middle of the night. We had a couple of rough nights due to E's illness but she's good now.  

gender: Girl.  

looking forward to: working on the nursery! This week I dyed the curtain & bedskirt pink. Then I bleached them to a paler color. I'm trying them out at this color but may fade them one more cycle depending on how they look with the gold polka dots which I also got cut out this week for the wall. Productive time here people :)

worries:  Health. I'm just always worried about having a healthy baby & delivery.

what's different this time:  E&C. As in they aren't in my belly but I am constantly chasing them!

milestones:  one week closer to viability. I hate to say that but it's true. I remember these moments from my pregnancy with the girls. The first milestone is 24 weeks. Then 27, then 30, then 32, and my goal was 34 with E&C. I'm not crazy, but yes, this is a real thing.

best moment this week:  Making some progress with the nursery- it feels good to have the progress :)

No comments: