Saturday, October 29, 2011

Life lately

Wow, as it turns out I am a TERRIBLE blogger! Whoops! In my defense, I have been busy since my last post with a little thing called my career. Funny how grown up things get in the way.

So obviously most of you realize what I mean by "my career" and what that entails. In April I was hired by the Winnebago County State's Attorney's office to be an Assistant State's Attorney. In simpler terms, I have been working as a prosecutor in Rockford, Illinois. On my first day of work I was informed what division I was assigned to and what my caseload would entail: juvenile abuse and neglect. Yes, I prosecute cases where parents don't meet the minimum parenting standards set by the state of Illinois due to either abuse, neglect, torture, or dependency issues. And believe me, the standards set by the state of Illinois are pretty low!

The girl who can't have kids on her own suddenly was faced with tons of people who can't take care of the kids they have. And a lot of these parents can't stop having babies it seems like. As it turns out I got information on a new fertility drug, too bad it's illegal, habit forming, and has some pretty nasty side effects that outweigh the potential positive effects it could have on infertility.

Work has been challenging but enjoyable. And I come home with some amazing stories...

On to the rest of life! Scott and I are doing well. Life is going well, and we are taking things one day at a time.

The pups are also doing well for the most part. Abby and her bum knee had another issue at the beginning of the month so she has been on "restricted activity" for the month of October. Have you ever been around a 3 year old boxer? They are full of energy and restricting anything is difficult. But she stopped limping within days so we don't think she tore her equivalent of an ACL but the vet did inform us that she already has some pretty nasty arthritis starting so in November she will be starting swim therapy to develop the muscle in her hind legs. Exciting stuff.

So that's life! Ok, there's been a million thing in the last 6, almost 7 months, but I felt that I should at least update with something since it's been so long. And I promise I will update again soon. Big things are coming in our life and we plan on keeping you all updated :)


No comments: