Monday, June 24, 2013

That's what they didn't say...

So if you know me you know that I'm kind of crazy about the girls' speaking ability or issues. As a kid I had a speech impediment and required speech classes. It was so bad that nobody could understand me, even my family. Even to this day Scott teases me about how I say things, and he's not the only one...

Because of my past issues I've been proactive about staying on top of the girls' speaking skills. There's not a lot to really stay on top of though because they don't really have any speaking skills! Ellie Jo says 3 words consistently (mama, dada, nana) and has thrown in "buh bye" and "ucky" on a random occasion. Charlie, well, she says mama. That's all. 14 months old and we aren't communicating well with others, but they seem to communicate with each other. They jabber back and forth and giggle with each other like it's 100% normal! Oy, I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the doctor's appointment next month when this comes up.

Oh well, as my Dad told me, if there's a problem we'll get them classes and they will be fine like me. Good point Dad.

We headed back to Roanoke last weekend to visit the Aeschleman/Gordon group and had a fun filled weekend! We got to hang out with everybody and even go shopping with Grandma and Grandpa. The only bleak spot on the weekend was the car ride home, the never ending car ride it seemed! :)

Then the girls woke up at 6:10 this morning after a busy night getting us settled last night. And now I've got cranky babies today. Let me say it again, oy...

Random notes of importance:
- Ellie Jo's hair is now long enough to make a real pony tail (not the bam bam style).
- Charlie is starting to bite. Yay. As in left teeth mark on her sister's hand in order to get her off a toy that she (Charlie) wanted.

No comments: