So I meant to do #TBT yesterday but I was busy with the girls. Like always! So today, I'll mix it in...
Charlie is walking EVERYWHERE. Seriously, she doesn't want to crawl anymore. Can't say that I blame her, crawling is so before she was one ;)
Lil Miss Ellie Jo pulled out some moves last night. She took seven or eight steps, legitimate steps, not shuffle her feet or move them in the same place, across my parents' deck. It was funny because she just started walking and none of us said a word, we just watched until she plopped down and then we all cheered for her. We all understood that if we cheered her on she would want to clap too and would stop walking. But boy did she love us clapping for her! She's such a little ham!!
Speaking of my lil ham (or hambone as her Daddy calls her! lol), I wrote how she got her bangs cut a few weeks ago and now my mom & Scott are pressuring me to cut more! For the record, I love how in these conversations the only person not telling me to cut the baby's hair is my dad. Thanks Dad, I like to think of that as you siding with me... probably isn't the case but oh well, he doesn't read this so it's all good! I digress. Before we cut her hair I wondered if it would make her look different, or more specifically less like my brother's baby pictures who we all think she looks like, even Grandma A & Aunt Jodi. Well I did the haircut, didn't think about it, went for a walk that night with Scott & the girls, and when we were getting the girls out of the stroller, I looked at Ellie and was taken aback- she looked MORE like Jeffy than before! The crazy thing is, when I told my parents the story, they had already discussed it by themselves because they saw it right away. Then it came up again with my Grandma & Aunt Cathy and they both were quick to tell me how much more she looked like him. As Grandma called her, she's a "blonde Jeffy", which I'm sure there are worse things to be! And poor Buggy is still staying true to her momma's baby pictures... As Nana calls her, she's my mini me in looks and spirit.
I should probably pause to once again point out to my husband that he chose me so he can't complain that when everybody says he now has three of me. He should be thrilled by that, right? He chose me, sassy and all! But I think the things that attracted him to me (let's ignore physical things here...) are what scares him about the girls. He's got 3 sassy girls in this house but I think he secretly LOVES it :)
The girls and I have been hanging out at our pool a lot this week. Any by our pool I mean the pool I set up on our deck! The girls hate grass. Loathe might be a more appropriate. So we can't do anything in the grass and I'm not a fan of the driveway because the girls could scrape themselves up falling and crawling on it. Plus, they don't sit or stay in one area so the more adventurous they get, the more dangerous cars seem to me... But I think getting ready to go outside is more of a process than being outside. Due to the fair skin nature of me & Scott (the difference being I can tan, he cannot), I lather the heavy duty sunscreen on the girls. I'd rather them have pale, protected skin than a tan! So far so good, not so much for this momma, I got a lil pink one day but now it's all tan! But man was I pale before! Giving up tanning beds a couple years ago has really showed the true color of my skin... I can't make fun of my pale husband anymore except that he never really gets tan.
My #TBT for the week is inspired by my crazy productivity this week- I made the girls 3 dresses each! Ok, 2 of them are almost done... I have to hem one and do button holes (ugh...) on the other. So in honor of my mad sewing this week and the love I feel when I see the girls clutching their blankies I made them while I was pregnant I'm putting up some old phone pics. Before the girls arrived I started sewing again, something I hadn't done very much of in the previous few years (only to alter some of my own clothes), and made them tons of little things like their blankies, burp rags, leg warmers, and some hairbows. This started before we re-did the office to include my ikea table/desk/bookshelf combo (LOVE it!) so I set up shop on the floor of the girls' original nursery with my hand me down machine from the 70's. As in 1970s. Seriously. Once my husband figured out that I could sew and saw what I was working with he insisted I get a new machine. He doesn't hear this enough but he was right. Things are MUCH easier with my new machine and I have loved it from the beginning! I think he's a tad surprised by all that I've made the girls but it's fun, gives me a creative outlet and best of all, it's a great, cheap way to get matching clothes for the girls that fit them! How genius is that? ;)
Yep, this is what I was sewing on!
Ellie Jo's first blankie from Mommy
Charlie's first blankie from Mommy
For kicks & giggles I included my weekly prego picture from the week when I made the blankies... I believe this was 24 or 25 weeks prego. I took all my pictures on a Wednesday morning so in every one of them I'm dressed for court (minus the suit jacket) and as the weeks progress my shoes change from heels, to flats, to boots on the rough days when I'd wear my Uggs to work and only change if I had court! :)
::Update::
Since I'm just now posting this I should probably mention the big news... Ellie Jo is walking!! Unlike her sister who walked a few steps and then stopped for a few weeks, Ellie Jo started and hasn't stopped! It's like she just got tired of watching her sissy walk every where. My life is going to get a bit crazier but oh well, I'm not a sit and chill kind of person so chasing them will keep me busy!
And because no post is really complete without these two beauties...
This just makes me smile ;)
My beautiful lil ham! Ellie Jo
Sweet Charlie Bugs
My birthday girls!
One of my favorite pictures, my mom and us girls. As part of my mom's birthday/mother's day present we included them in our family picture session so they could FINALLY get professional pictures with the girls. We're all so happy they turned out!









No comments:
Post a Comment