Monday, July 1, 2013

Such a big personality in such a tiny lil body

I can't help but smile when I'm with my girls and I can say the same about Scott. They are just hilarious to be around and part of it is because of their personalities that are coming out lately.

They have definite opinions that are forming and are they are really good at expressing those opinions. Their facial expressions alone tell a funny story!

They are determined. Fiercely determined. Gone are the days when I could hide something behind my back and they believed it was truly gone. Prime example, right now they Ellie Jo is playing with my keyboard cover that she HAD to have. You may wonder why I'm writing this while my children are awake versus at the usual nap time. Well, we're working on not making momma be involved in every aspect of play. So I was sitting outside the gate of the playroom but Charlie quickly decided she didn't like being blocked from me so she opened the gate (yes, it's useless now to their talents) so now they are wondering back and forth between the guest room, me, and the playroom. I am just trying to foster an environment that doesn't require mommy's presence 100% of awake time. So far I still have to be present but they will play independently for spurts of time.

They will tell you a story in their own garbled, sound making language. We're still at one word for Miss C and three for Miss E but Ellie Jo is working on "uh oh" and she has said "buy bye" once. Kind of like the once occurring "yucky". But they talk with their hands and get very animated, you can tell that they are just telling you one grand story!

The best thing lately has been the belly laughs and all the crazy versions of their laughter. They are ticklish to an extreme and the love when we "get" them. They just laugh and scream to the point where we are laughing with them. How can you not love that?

We are starting to show some food dislikes... They are slightly picky about meat. They love turkey dogs, and most of the time turkey. But they've thrown some ham on the floor consistently, even chicken breast they have thrown on the floor refusing to eat it. Lately peas have not been the favorite either. They'll eat a few but then slowly start letting them fall to the floor. Granted it may be that peas are more fun to throw! The meat issues are pretty obvious when it's the only thing on the plate and they refuse to touch it. Then it goes on the floor when I try to get them to try a piece. I can my kitchen floor A LOT, can you tell?

----------------------------

Tomorrow is a big day, it's Daddy's first day alone with the girls. I will be heading to St. Louis extremely early in the morning for a funeral so Scott is working from home with the girls tomorrow. I plan on having everything laid out for him so this goes smoothly. I really don't have a lot of fears but I've seen the meals my husband has tried to put together for the girls before and they often lack a food group. But they love their Daddy so all should be well. Except for me missing them of course!

----------------------------

I have been on a sewing kick lately, in the last few weeks I have made 4 dresses, and am working on a 5th with some fabric I picked up cheap while shopping with my mom yesterday. I struggled with what to do for the girls' 4th of July outfits this year. They had a cute red & white striped jumper from baby gap last year and this year they had the same one but in navy & white. It was cute but I wasn't sure so I ended up spending less than $4 on fabric and supplies to convert a tank top into a dress & headband. I can justify outfits that will only be worn once that cost around $4.50 each for all the supplies including the tank, fabric, and headband materials!


That's all I've got for today, hopefully Thursday I will be able to post a #TBT with a comparison of the girls last year to this year!

No comments: