Anyways, enjoy :)
knew yesterday would be sad, apparently, so did my husband... he answered my phone and was incredibly sympathetic to my tears. My brother was in town for a week and yesterday he flew back to Boston. In case you don't know, my brother is one of my favorite people ever. He is the best big brother a girl could have and that isn't an exaggeration!
I could go into what makes my brother so amazing and how much I miss him but I won't, he knows that we miss him and we know he misses us. Talking about it makes people more sad for not being here or for making each other sad... it's kind of a bad cycle of sadness when you talk about it! So instead I will keep praying that him and his fiance find their way back to KC or some place within driving distance and until that day I will update him frequently about his nieces! And I'll talk about his visit...
When he came to town for the girls' birthday they were really going through a rough patch of stranger danger and it took a while for them to really warm up to him. This time I did a couple things differently and it seemed to really help the comfort level! They love their Uncle Jeffy :) They were showing off for him, playing with him, and showering him with love! It definitely made me happy to see him with them. I should probably document things with more details but I'm yawning as I type this...
While Jeff was here the girls developed a couple new dance moves that they were happy to show him. Ellie Jo does the two handed fist pump kind of move, while Charlie is now a big fan of twirling. Jeff, my mom, and I were dying laughing as they danced for us one afternoon. Charlie got so dizzy from showing off her moves that she kept falling down. Gotta love that girl!
Another memorable moment from the visit was a first for us: Ellie Jo peed on my parents' living room carpet! While I'm sure in the 9 1/2 months we lived in their house their were accidents, I'm sure of that, but not like this. Ellie Jo was getting her diaper changed to go swimming and she took off towards the fireplace buck naked. Jeff commented about how he hoped she didn't pee and then she decided to just go for it! She looked back at him, smiled, and started peeing! Luckily we were all too shocked and found it too funny to be upset. Crazy girl!
Monday night we went out to dinner for Jeff's birthday. The boys had just gotten home from golfing and the girls were hungry. As always, the girls were the dining entertainment and they were just loving it. My dad started doing "high fives" with Ellie Jo a long time ago but she caught on one day a few weeks ago and now she does it all the time and gets really excited about it. During dinner she looked over at Charlie, raised her hand, and amazingly Charlie seemed to understand so she raised her hand and high five her sister! They thought they were hilarious! Granted we were laughing pretty hard too so they knew they were amusing us and they tend to play to the crowd ;)
This is short but sweet, just wanted to get a post in this week...
I also tried to upload a butt load of pictures BUT my external drive & blog program aren't communicating well... There seems to be an issue about my iPhoto library. Ugh!
This is really silly but I love this photo of my Ellie Jo, she was cuddling on my lap as we laid on the girls' bedroom floor. I had to hold my camera over my head to even get the shot but I just love her little fingers... Makes a mommy's heart melt!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment