Monday, October 21, 2013

Oops.

Of all the New Year's goals I was really doing good on this was the one that I was the happiest about and then I kinda goofed and slipped for 5 weeks. Oops!

The girls didn't stop growing, doing cute things, or amazing us in the 6 weeks since I last posted, I just didn't make the time to post. Obviously with a full time job I have a few more things on my to do list and what seems like less time to do them. But, that's a lame excuse, this should be a priority because it's one way of capturing memories for the girls.

So let me run down the highlights...

The girls have been doing amazing in gymnastics! Seriously, they blow our minds weekly. The first week they started Charlie was a little timid; while she did everything she let Ellie Jo do it first and kept an eye out for all the other lil kiddos around them, like she'd beat them off if she had to. Every week she got more into it and now they're both at the point where last week when Nana & Papa took them (Mommy & Daddy were stuck at work, ugh!) the girls were racing around the gym and Nana & Papa got a workout chasing them. That's my girls, never sit still unless it's to read a book :) They are actually good at the skills which doesn't really surprise me, we figured they would be athletic. Scott and I were both multiple sport athletes our whole lives through the collegiate level. They both swing on the bars unassisted & raise their legs up. We now have the problem situation that they try to use their highchairs as a bar and swing on them... it's fine till somebody falls because our kitchen is hardwood, not a mat like the gym. They also love to do front rolls (we call them summersaults) and will get down in position all by themselves, they just need help getting over ;)

They have been extremely active and LOVE being outside. Which stinks because now it's starting to get cool and I have a feeling we'll get a few colds this fall. Poor Ellie Jo had a bit of one already but she powered through it. They love their lil swing set, their cars (omg, they push those things every where and love zipping around in them!), and their motorized scooters. They're also working on their arms which makes mommy happy- possible future softball players? Sure!

The girls are obsessed with books; any time I am sitting on the floor they will grab one and plop in my lap to read. It makes both Scott and I so happy that they love books and hopefully it continues. Scott's not the biggest reader (I love it so much that I used to get grounded from reading when I was little. True story) but he has been adamant that he wants it to be something that the girls pick up. He's been great about flipping through their books with them. They have a few favorites, "Dear Zoo",  "10 Little Ladybugs", and the book my parents recorded for them, they love to open it up and hear their voices. They always point to the book when they hear the voices, it's adorable!

The girls got to fly to Boston (first flight!) to see their Uncle Jeffy marry Auntie Laura! They flight there they did awesome, the flight back not so much... They had a great time in Boston seeing the family and running around Boston. My brother has always been a baby whisperer, no joke, babies and kids flock to him. They could be terrified of everybody else in a room but not Jeff. It's not different with the girls; they definitely have stranger danger but not with him. They're generally fine with people until somebody tries to touch them, then it's heck no, back away! But they got to love on Uncle Jeffy some and even Aunt Erin because we flew her up to help on wedding day. She was a trooper and a huge help!

More recently we visited the pumpkin patch yesterday and the girls loved it. They were running everywhere trying things out. Charlie had no fear so somebody was always chasing her! Ellie Jo was a little more timid that her sister but that's how they work, they take turns! But they both loved it and allllll the pumpkins. And as a bonus, it was the first time we've taken them out that we didn't have a bunch of spectators commenting on the "Oh twins" factor... I think that helped the girls be more free, they didn't have the stranger danger aspect because nobody paid special attention to us. It was nice :)

They're growing and acting like big girls more and more but they still don't talk. We'll see what the pediatrician says about that next week I suppose :)


No comments: