Last week was my first real time away from the girls since they were born. I was dreading it. I had to go out of state for work training (luckily this is NOT a frequent occurrence) and I had to be gone for 4 days. I missed my girls every second of every day. No joke. My training wasn't bad, I learned things and felt that it was a good experience, and I met some nice people but I missed my lil ones. But I wasn't that sad person that always said how much she missed her kids, I kept it in and kept a smile on my face. My partner/teammate (we still can't figure out how to refer to each other because we don't do the same job but we are the only two in our territory and we must work alongside each other for certain things but we do completely different things... #firstworldproblem) asked me on the plane ride home how many times I cried while we were away, when I told him only the day we left but before I even got to the airport, he told me he was proud of me. We had a conversation the week before and I explained that this was my first time away from the girls so he knew that it wasn't going to be the easiest week for me. But I had a lot of support who knew that it was hard and who tried to help in any way possible, so thanks to my hubby, my parents, my partner, and even the message my FIL sent me on the day I was coming home made me feel better as I was struggling to be patient on our long trip home.
The girls spent the 4 days at my parents' house due to scheduling. My mom didn't work all week so the nanny wouldn't come so they stayed at their house. Scott leaves generally before the girls wake up and gets home later in the evening so it just made more sense for the girls. So instead Scott hung out at my parents house in the evening till the girls went to bed, kinda like old time when we lived with them for a while! Lol, while nobody speaks ill of that time, nor was it that terrible, I think we're all happy that our family of four plus 3 dogs has moved out ;) The girls had a blast with Nana and Papa, and Memaw and Great Grandad when they came down and stayed a little. I got several updates throughout the day via text & videos along with my daily facetime session with the girls. While it was horrible not seeing the girls it definitely made me happy to see their faces light up when they saw me on the screen. The first night it happened almost made me cry it was so sweet, seriously, they just were so happy to see me and that makes any mama happy I think!
The only rough patch we hit was the sleep issue... the first night both girls had issues, they weren't sleeping in their own bed, and that was hard on them. The next night E slept better but C decided she like the slumber party in Nana & Papa's bed too much so she joined them again! By the third day and night they were back to normal and were sleeping for naps and bedtime again. While trying to problem solve the situation after the first night we all realized that I left the day the time change (daylight savings time) occurred and we should've expected a little issue with the sleep. But we all forgot about that... I suppose a big positive of the trip is that while other parents were complaining on facebook about their kids' messed up time schedules I completely missed out on it! Thankfully we had a brainstorming and handled the situation :)
No pics this time... just updating for the future's sake of what we've been up to :)
No comments:
Post a Comment