Wednesday, August 1, 2012

One Year Ago...

I was reading an article online about the girls' development at this stage and it said "a year ago at this time you were two weeks pregnant". It got me thinking because I know that I wasn't two weeks pregnant at this time last year but the article's calculation was probably based on a 40 week pregnancy and a woman with a textbook cycle. I didn't fall into either category so I went back to just figure out "where" we were a year ago today...

I won't say a year ago today we started the process that gave us our girls. No, that started a couple years before that, and many tear filled days/weeks/months before. I also won't say we started the final leg of our infertility journey... as hard as it will be to deal with if we have to, I will do this all again. I don't feel like we are done having kids and if it means another round of dealing with the fallbacks of PCOS (which everything dealing with PCOS is a fallback!), I will do it. No, one year ago today was the official start of our miracles.

I am so blessed, overjoyed, and in LOVE with my girls that sometimes it hurts my heart. They are the best thing I have ever done and the thing that brings me the most pride. I've been successful in sports, school, and the short career I've had so far, I was proud of. But nothing compares to these two little girls.



Ellie Jo and Charlie, your mommy and daddy fought for you. We dealt with things we never imagined dealing with. But you are worth every penny spent, every shot, every doctor's appointment, and every tear shed. You are loved and will always be loved.

No comments: