Thursday, January 10, 2013

Crawling... backwards.

Whoop, whoop, post #2 this year! Can't ruin a goal this early in the year... even though I'm totally trying to ruin my running goal it seems! Oy vey...

I figure if I write a post per week that's at least 52 posts this year. That's more entires in any diary or journal (except the daily one I had to keep my first semester freshman year of college which now reads like some teenage soap opera, wow!) so I figure this is a goal to keep.

As for my other goals:

Scott and I went out last weekend to Summit Grill and had a great dinner. We actually sat at the bar (can't do that with high chairs or car seats!) and watched a football game while we ate and talked. It was fun!

I have only worn leggings once this week... I wore regular pants once and running shorts every other day! What? I've been trapped inside, I have a good excuse.

No running which is disappointing considering the nicer weather. The girls haven't been sleeping well so I'm a little sleep deprived. By the end of the day when people come home who can watch the girls while I go run, I am BEAT. I'd make it out of the neighborhood before dying of exhaustion.

Haven't signed up for a class yet either but I don't expect to for a while. At least not while we're working on the house!


Which of course is our big thing right now, working on our new house! Things are coming along but as we progress we keep finding things we need to do. The people who "fixed" it up did terrible work so now we have to go back and re-do a lot of things. It's time consuming, money consuming, and at times frustrating but we know we'll end up with a home we are proud of. Luckily we have cheap labor and a cheap contractor who has tons of experience... my father of course! Maybe he can make our house look like one of his last projects, the Kansas City Performing Arts building :) I can only wish!

Like I mentioned before, the girls aren't sleeping well right now. It's probably their teeth but I think Ellie Jo also is developing a touch of separation anxiety. There's been a couple nights she has ended up in bed with me and fallen asleep right away next to her mommy. Bad habit, I know, and I never sleep well because I'm nervous with her in bed but I don't know what else to do at that point. It's not my first option when trying to solve the problem but it does have the highest efficiency level. We're taking this one day by day.

Last night I received a text from my brother that said "Is Chuck crawling yet?" My response, "CHARLOTTE is not crawling yet unless you count going backwards"

Yeah, my daughter goes backwards. I've heard it's common but it's still humorous to watch! She also kind of goes in a circle with all of her scooting, trying to stand, and re-positioning.

Ellie Jo hasn't shown much desire to crawl yet. Occasionally she "assumes the position" but she'd rather scoot on her booty.

Last night my dad and I were talking about their crawling progress and how Charlie seems to be further along than Ellie Jo which is a change because it used to be that Ellie Jo learned skills before Charlie. We both agreed that Ellie Jo is still developmentally more advanced using her hands than Charlie at this point. Ellie Jo is very proficient in grasping things with her fingers, transferring things from one hand to the other, and doing it all very smoothly. Charlie does these things but not as smoothly. At this point Ellie Jo is still left hand dominate which doesn't surprise me; she's a Craig baby through and through, she's got Grandpa Craigs ears, she looks like her Uncle Jeffy, and the left hand thing is a Craig thing. I guess this means her temper isn't going anywhere...

The girls crack me yo on a daily basis. They are extremely vocal and just talk all day long. It's fun to hear :) They've both started to pout also, ugh. Ellie Jo throws her head back and Charlie does a fake cry. At 8 1/2 months I'm not sure this is good news!

Hope 2013 is going well for all of you that look at the blog  but don't comment :) Yes, it tells me how many views I get (but not who!) but nobody leaves a message. Try it, it's easy :)

No comments: