Friday, January 4, 2013

New Years Goals

I hate the idea of of New Years "resolutions"... they never seem to last. But I do like the idea of making goals, like a check list, and I do love checklists! So I here I go, these our my goals for 2013:

1. Update this blog at least once a week. Not for myself but so I can remember things about the girls better. I get busy and I forget to write things down, which is pretty typical I think. But if I blog once a week about the girls I'm bound to remember more! Plus there's a lot of blogs I follow that have topics they blog about regularly, such as "a day in our life", workout goals/achievements, crafts, etc. All of these things I am more than capable of writing about!

2. Get back to running. Last year was a BAD year for running and me. I stopped running when I found out I was pregnant due to my high risk status and I always planned on getting back to it but never did. So it's a goal this year. I have a great jogging stroller and my tentative goal is 500 miles this year. This is nothing compared to what I used to run so I'm going to commit! First step to commitment- some of my girls and I are doing a 1/2 marathon in April so I gotta get moving!

3. A date once a month with the hubby. It's hard with kids, especially babies, to take time out for us but it's a goal. And once a month a date without the baby girls, isn't too lofty of a goal.

4. Take a camera class. As much as I use my camera it's about time that I get some "official" instruction. I read tons of instructions and how to's online but I need to commit to getting better. I already found an online class that also offers a class in photoshop- both of which I could greatly benefit from! I mean, I have the cutest subjects ever, it's almost a crime NOT to try to get better ;)

5. Wear regular pants more. Ok, this is more of a joke but I said it to Scott so I figured I'd add it since I needed a 5th goal! I tend to wear legging a TON because they're so comfortable but they've become more than a staple in my wardrobe and more of a daily uniform.


I plan on using the blog to keep me honest with my goals... except maybe the pants thing. 4 days into the new year and Scott is already working on that one!

So far I'm doing pretty good. Count this as a blog update, tomorrow night Scott and I are going out for our anniversary (without the girls!), AND I'm not wearing leggings right now... running shorts aren't leggings so that counts!

Happy New Year from the most beautiful baby girls! Hope that 2013 is a fantastic year for all of us :)


No comments: