Friday, January 18, 2013

Training

Technically I have already posted this week but I decided to do it again!

Last night the girls and I had a "training session" for the Rock the Parkway 1/2 marathon we are signed up to do in April. By training session I mean we ate dinner at Houlihan's, laughed & talked incredibly loud, and brainstormed ways to use Ashley's starwood points she's accumulated through her travels. Brilliant training session in my humble opinion.

Then I got home (I checked out an hour before bedtime, big deal for this mommy... granted I couldn't leave without making sure EVERYTHING was done and laid out for the girls' nighttime routine) did all my things, checked my email on my computer (trying to review a contract for a friend and doing it on my iphone is impossible), and just when I turned everything off to sleep BOTH girls woke up and wanted to play. Not cool...

This week has been busy. We got new garage doors on the house Tuesday. They look really nice and once we paint the house this spring and do some other work it will really look nice! We're excited despite the hefty price tag. But the old garage doors were not functionable (no seriously, they were bolted closed) and were letting in a lot of cold air.

I got busy using some fabric I had built up in my supply while in LS... Charlie loves blankies so I made both girls big minky blankets. Not hard but always appreciated by my Charlie Bugs! I also made them a couple of pillow case dresses for this summer. I've made one set before but the quality was somewhat lacking... I don't have a pattern and I'm basically winging it so the first time was a learning experience. These are MUCH better quality and I'm very proud of them. Plus they are bright colors with a big bow in the back (different design than the first one I made) which will be perfect for the girls this summer.



Charlie is crawling now but only on her terms. Meaning she doesn't do it all the time, she'd prefer me to pick her up but if there is something she wants, especially something she is not allowed to have, she will go for it! Ellie Jo is assuming the position more and bouncing back and forth getting ready to go. I really thought last night she would take off and go because she was really trying once she heard Papa get home. That girl and her Papa... she just loves her Papa! They just chill together while Nana and Charlie are the ornery ones together!

We're going through a sleep regression right now and have been for a couple of weeks. Certain things have gotten easier, like getting Charlie to fall asleep, but they are both waking up in the middle of the night and don't want to go back to sleep. Makes for long nights and tired days.








They are happy (despite Bear's pouty face picture which was just too cute not to include!), healthy, and getting bigger everyday! Sometimes I look at them and wonder where my 5lb lil peanuts went!

No comments: