Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Easter (better late than never!)

The girls had a good first Easter! Well, I don't think they understood a darn thing but they've enjoyed all their gifts :)

We decided to keep it pretty simple this year since we were anticipating several different Easter baskets for the girls. We found a couple of plastic adirondak chairs so we got those and several little toys, books, and odds and ends for the girls' baskets. Well, buckets to be honest! I couldn't find buckets I liked that were appropriate for the girls (meaning plastic since they want to carry everything and also things tend to turn into weapons!) so I found a couple buckets and decorated those with my cricut. I filled it with the toys, books, and eggs filled with hairbows, socks, and goldfish crackers! Simple but they enjoyed it. The girls got their Easter stuff from us Saturday before we headed out to see the Easter bunny.

The girls spent the night with Nana & Papa the night before Easter so Scott and I could head to Kansas early Sunday morning and pick up his rental car. Scott was headed to St. Louis for a week (work) that night and instead of dragging the girls around we took the night off Saturday... And by night off I mean we went to the grocery store (where we saw the girls with Nana & Papa!) and ran errands gathering stuff for the girls' party. Hello insane balloon prices...

The girls got a bunch of clothes, some lil toys, stuffed animals, and outside toys from Nana and Papa. I don't know who's more excited to use some of their outside tools, Nana or the girls! Nana can't wait for them to come help her garden this summer so she got them lil watering cans and I put their names on them for her. The girls got a new wagon and outside swings for Nana & Papa's house and to say they love them would be an understatement! The girls LOVE the swings and we all get the enjoyment of hearing their baby giggles :) Too bad our new yard doesn't have a single tree in it so we have to bite the bullet and find a swingset... not cheap.

After opening the girls' baskets at Nana & Papa's we headed up to Aunt Cathy & Bryce's house for Easter brunch. The girls got some more fun toys from Aunt Cathy & Memaw, including some new books and a bunch of toys to take outside. They also got to experience their first Easter egg hunt... I think the biggest lesson from that was that their daddy is very competitive. Wait, so is their mommy.... ;) It was a beautiful day for an Easter egg hunt and the girls enjoyed it. And I think the rest of the family really enjoyed seeing them, they tend to put on a little show!

Monday (yes, we turned this into a multi day celebration which I think was much better!) we got the girls' Easter baskets in the mail from Grandma & Grandpa A. I didn't get a picture of these but they were cute! They had clothes, toys, and candy in them. The candy ended up being passed along to the girls' new friends in the neighborhood who came Christmas caroling last weekend (seriously, Christmas songs...) so it got put to good use. I'm not sure our new neighbors appreciate us sugaring up their kids but oh well! Hopefully I get a picture of the girls in one of their new outfits soon and I'll post it then ;)


All in all, what a busy Easter! The girls had fun and were spoiled by all the family.

April has started off just as busy and I don't think it's going to slow down... Next up, I've got a little race this weekend and the following weekend is the girls' party! Throw in some visitors from Illinois and Boston (yep, Uncle Jeffy knows what's up, he's flying in for 3 important ladies' birthdays!), and a photo shoot the following weekend, and we are going to be BUSY!

Now off to worry about the fact that I'm not prepared to run Saturday, our house is still an unpacked/unorganized disaster area, and that the party materials aren't all prepared... deep breaths.

No comments: