Friday, April 12, 2013

Pride.

Maybe it's because I'm a sentimental sap when it comes to my girls. Maybe it's because I'm a SAHM and I don't get our much anymore. Maybe it's because I think the world of my girls. Maybe it's because I'm just odd.

Maybe it's all these reasons...

But when my little girls do something new I have this overwhelming sense of pride for what they have accomplished.

I tend to brush off things that I do and not realize they were a big deal until the moment has passed. Law school, no biggie. Graduating with honors, no biggie. Passing the bar, no biggie. Success in sports, no biggie. My child, all on her own, stacks 4 four cups without even struggling with the order to make them fit together- BIG DEAL to this momma!

I know, whoa, calm down Alisha... But seriously, I LOVE watching their little minds work and they are both so attentive to things. So today when Ellie Jo crawled over to the set of 4 stacking cups (we have 3 sets due to Easter) and effortlessly grabbed the green cup, put it in the blue cup. Then grabbed the stack of two and put them in the pink cup. Then after pausing for a moment to contemplate how to get the purple cup on the stack, she took the stack of three cups and put them in the purple cup. Mind blown.

Seriously, it just gets me how they pick up on things!

This is just one example, I don't think I'd be bursting with pride if this was the only thing they've done that has struck me as they are getting bigger, smarter, and more capable every day. But this was today's example so I thought I would share it.

Need a Charlie example? Ok, got that too.

My lil Buggy is quite attached to her Momma these days (not that Momma minds the extra snuggles and loves) so when I went upstairs last night to finish a project before they went to bed she was not happy. I kept hearing Scott tell her no so I poked my head out of the office door to glance downstairs and could see that she had already climbed two steps to come upstairs. At that point she was sitting on the landing and she saw me. Busted! So without even acknowledging Scott she started the climb up the larger staircase. Just to see how far she'd go I got behind her and followed her all the way up the steps!

What in the world Charlie Bugs?! We are not ready for the stair climbing phase! And even worse, who was right behind her? Ellie Jo.

Monkey see, monkey do.

We're so proud of them and love them to pieces but SLOOOOOW down baby girls! No seriously, slow down, you're moving too fast and Momma is tired from keeping up! :)

No comments: