Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It's beginning to feel a lot like SUMMER!

First off, happy mother's day late! I hope everybody had a great day and got to enjoy it with loved ones! We had family all over the place it seems like! Of course the Aeschleman/Gordon gang were in Illinois, Jeff & Laura were in Yosemite, and by nightfall Nana (mi madre), Aunt Cathy, and Grandma/Memaw were in Washington. Crazy day! I spent half the day fighting off the haze left by my allergy medicine from the night before. 7 days with an insane sinus headache- ugh!

The girls had fun going to breakfast with the family, then we headed to Nana & Papa's (I needed to steal my mom's card reader for my camera!) for some swinging and hanging out on the new teeter totter before running errands. Yeah, it's mothers day weekend and who got new toys? The girls of course!

We took family photos on Saturday with my friend Becky and I can't wait to see them! I put together the outfits in an afternoon shopping trip and did everything based around Scott's color palette preference... so everything is BRIGHT! Becky is owner/operator of Pix26, if you're in the Kansas City/Lee's Summit area look her up!

The girls are doing well as always! Ellie Jo is teething a bit more lately and that has made her very whiny. Combine the teething with the fact she's learned how to throw a tantrum- full on, throw the head back, flop around a bit- and we have a situation that I am NOT a fan of! But I realize the poor girl has a few teeth all busting in at the same time and she's a bit miserable.

Luckily the weather has been nice this week so the girls and I have spent some time outside. A couple of walks to the neighborhood park, and across Ward Rd. to Raintree's park for the double toddler swings. I've already got the pool warming up on the deck for some after lunch swimming. Should be a fun time!

We're pretty chill as a family these days, just busy with normal beginning of summer activities and specifically working on our house! The landscaping is getting all re-done so we're in a bit of a hurry to get that taken care of. Our house looks a little funny right now... But with baseball games (go Royals!), grad parties, and garage sales, we've been swamped!

But that's what summer is for, being outside and enjoying with family and friends :)


::My Buggy playing on the deck::


::Ellie Jo playing in the bathtub with some pudding... it was a tactile play thing!::


::Posing for momma with those lips!::


::Ellie Jo loves to swing! I just love her sweet smile and bright blue eyes!::


::I just love her... she's such a ham and turns into a little glamour girl when you give her accessories::

No comments: