Thursday, May 16, 2013

The thing I can't handle.

Some people can't handle vomit. Some can't handle snot/boogers. Some can't handle the stench of a poopy diaper. Some can't handle the smooshed up, almost to the point of regurgitated food.

When it comes to my own children I can handle all of that. In fact, until recently there hadn't been anything that stopped me in my tracks.

Then Charlie started grinding her teeth. Oh. My. Goodness. The thought of it makes me want to hurl. Seriously.

The thing is, my parents have constantly reminded me of how I used to grind my teeth in my sleep as a kid. I never remembered doing it and never knew what it sounded like. I would laugh when my parents talked about how awful it was. Then Charlie did it. I about lost it. Worst sound EVER. How my parents didn't ship me away when I was a kid is beyond me...

The solution is easy, let her have her paci during the day. Why's that not the end of the story? I decided one day when the girls were probably 9-10 months old that I wasn't going to create a dependency on the paci so I took them away during the day and only gave it back during nap time & bedtime. The girls did fine without the pacis, I think Scott was more sad than them! But I didn't want to create the dependency and have to fight them down the road to give up the pacis.

Then the teeth grinding started and I lost the war. I have serious sound and texture issues. Certain fabrics make me want to burn my skin. As a kid you couldn't come near me with velvet or I would go nuts. It makes me want to itch thinking about it now. And the same goes with sounds... ask my husband about cracking bones or when his jaw pops. The sounds kills me. Yes, I am odd and have crazy odd neurosis. Oh well!

________________________

On a different note, I'n kind of kicking myself right now.... See when I bought my dslr a couple of years ago I used it on and off again on "auto" which in the photography world is a big no no. I set a deadline for myself to only use it on manual once the girls arrived and I stuck to that. I can tell a HUGE difference in some of my beginning picture to now. I bought photoshop last year, installed it on my computer and quickly realized that it was hard to use. So I didn't use it. For an entire year. But since I hate to waste money and one of my New Year's goals was to take a photo class I took the plunge this week. I signed up for an online video class (not the beginners course but the next step thank you!) and even opened photoshop and started using it with the help of an online tutorial.

Why am I kicking myself? Scott has been pushing me to do this for a while and he was right, I should've just done it! In fact he's pushing me to do a few things with photography but I am dragging my feet! Oy...

My biggest fear with photoshop is taking away the things that are so great about the girls, specifically their perfectly blue eyes. So far as I've played around I've noticed that I haven't really messed with their eyes much, I like the natural beauty of the eyes :)

______________________

Now the real reason people look at our blog :) Some of these are old but deal with it! p.s. feel free to COMMENT! I get lots of views and no comments, lame!


:: This is one of my favorite pictures of the girls. I took it on the day they turned 6 months old and I just love the phase they were getting into::


:: My love Buggy::


:: There's something about this one that I just love::


:: Little diva::


:: My girl Ellie Jo::


:: This is when their personalities really started to shine through::


:: I'm usually not a fan of black & white but it's starting to grow on me :) ::


:: This is a GREAT example of my issue with PS... this looks so wacky to me but of course I had to post it to show what I'm talking about when I complain about PS::


:: Another one of my all time favs, just slightly altered::



No comments: