Thursday, January 9, 2014

16 weeks

I have a picture but I'm too busy eating a popsicle to post it. True story.

how far along:  16 weeks 

size of baby according to the bump an avocado, about 4.6 inches long and weighing 3.5 ounces.  Baby can now hear my voice, is growing hair, lashes and eyebrows and is forming taste buds. If he/she can hear my voice it could probably hear it's whiney siblings tonight and the ridiculously boring conference call I had on speaker phone today... maybe for Bobbie's sake I should stop with the speaker phone...

weight gain: What the heck, YESTERDAY I had gained a pound, today it was gone! So technically I'm still in my normal range, just on the higher cusp. Or I could say I gained .4lbs but I really don't look at the decimal when it comes to weight, then you're just getting knit picky- unless you are losing weight and then I say look at that every day!

maternity clothes:  Nope. I did order two pairs of maternity leggings from Gap though- they are amazing. Seriously. And I got them 40% off so it was well worth it. Even if I'm not in them for another month or so I will still get plenty of use out of them (hello, maternity pants take FOREVER to fit) and I haven't even had to resort to the rubberband trick or my be-band thingy. Since it's been ridiculously cold I tried to wear dress pants to work today but the problem is most of my dress pants are from working at the SA's office when I was a lil bigger. I haven't hit that weight yet and it shows it the pants- Hello diaper butt and saggy legs! I'm still going to save them because weight loss might not go as well this time and I might need those size 4's!

symptoms: Still nausea. There was a spell of puking this weekend but food has stayed down the last couple of days, it's just been rough. In fact, right now I'm trying to not think about the fact that I feel like I could puke. Heartburn. I forgot what this torture felt like since my last pregnancy. Holy moly, not cool. I can also belch after drinking anything... that might not surprise a lot of people, I've always been quite the belcher (classy!) but it seems worse while pregnant

exercise: Same old, same old. Honestly, it is too darn cold due to the polar vortex to do anything outside. Even looking outside is cold!

cravings/aversions:  Eddy's fruit bars. OMG. Best things ever. Even when I have to share with two toddlers who drooled down my popsicle, I'll still eat it!

movement:  Nope but I'm starting to pay more attention.

sleep:  Not too shabby.

gender:  FRIDAY!! I've had a countdown going since Tuesday. Seriously, ask Scott. Good thing it's been a busy week so I don't have to dwell on it...

looking forward to:  Umm, see above. In all honestly Scott is worried they won't be able to tell. 16 weeks is early but that's when we found out with the girls, and my doctor said at 16 weeks they can see very clearly. Scott's more worried the kid will hide the money shot. I'm excited to know the gender but if it doesn't happen then like I told Scott, at least we get to see our baby. At this point with the girls we had seen them a lot, and we'd seen them change. Obviously this pregnancy is very different since we weren't IF or multiples but I need to see that tiny lil baby in my belly moving around. I need that realness and that connection. So no matter what, Friday will not be a loss for me.

worries:  Hearing something bad at the ultrasound. More than anything I want confirmation of a healthy baby. Please God, please give me that.

what's different this time:  Nothing besides I now have two toddlers that beat me up and a husband that works very long hours (it used to be me, we switched this pregnancy)

milestones:  You can now clearly tell the gender via ultrasound... so I'm told.

best moment this week: I found amazing popsicles. They are really that good, no joke.

No comments: