Yesterday I asked Scott if he realized in less than 6 months we would have another baby here. Less than 6 months. Yes, at times that seems a ways away but looking at our busy schedule I know it will probably FLY by! Busy work schedules in January & February, the birthdays of February, March & April (Papa, Scott, Nana's & the girls'), plus a couple of holidays, and then its May which is more birthdays and holidays (hello, mother's day!). Then it's June. Yeah, as in "Hello Baby" month. Honestly, I felt like December went by slowly. I was sick all the time and just wanted to get out of the first trimester worries.
how far along: 15 weeks
size of baby: according to the bump a naval orange, about 4 inches long and weighing 2.5 ounces. It's funny, but since not that long ago the baby was merely a fraction of an inch, 4 inches sounds huge. Baby's body proportions are nearing normal, and all of the joints and limbs can now move.
weight gain: 0. Nothing. Nada. I really thought this would be the week it would go up but so far nothing! It's coming next week, I can feel it... My goal this time is to stay in the 25lb weight gain range. With the girls everything was skewed because of the weight gain during the 2 years of trying, the effects of the drugs, and the fact I was carrying two babies. I didn't really worry about it then and I was lucky enough (and blessed with good genes!) to have the weight come off pretty easily after the girls were born. I'm not going to worry about the weight gain this time, I really just need to focus on eating better for the sake of the baby, and my own well being.
maternity clothes: Nope, but I did pull it out of storage, wash and iron it all. Actually I think there's a couple more pieces mixed in with my off season clothing in another box that I need to grab but for the most part it's all clean and ready to be worn! Unfortunately I think I'll need some new stuff seeing that I will be pregnant in May & June... in Missouri. That a LOT different that having my last months be March & April in northern Illinois. Talk about climate change... I have one springy dress already but I'll need at least a pair of shorts, some casual dresses, and probably some additional work clothes that will work for the late Spring/early Summer in Missouri. I also found my maternity band and realized that by this time last pregnancy I was already using it to hold my pants up, mainly my work pants, so I got that thing ready to go too.
symptoms: Same. We're now on week 8 of puking/nausea. This is getting a lil old to me. I've also had the random nose bleeds which I remember from last time. I think it's also due to the dry winter air but it's definitely not something I enjoy! Everybody is patiently waiting for the puking to stop... I have a feeling it will be a few more weeks before I feel better but here's hoping for more good days than bad days!
exercise: Nothing worth congratulating myself on- just random pilates esq moves. I did order a new pregnancy workout video and feel more motivated to do it so hopefully it arrives soon and I can give it a rating ;)
cravings/aversions: More of the same- pop (mmm, Cherry Pepsi and Dr. Pepper both settle my stomach!), Mr. Goodcents turkey sandwich, gummy bears, and last night I had an apple that tasted like heaven. Seriously, now I have to go get more apples at the store today.
movement: nope
sleep: Not bad. It's pretty normal for me I suppose. My internal clock has let me sleep in a little this week by waking my up around 5 am and not 3:30 am! I'm grateful for that.
gender: We shall know next week!! Yay!! I booked the appointment and while they did caution that it is early (yes, I know, but I did find out with the girls at 16 weeks) my doctor said go for it at 16 weeks and even recommended somebody. He had mentioned that at my next appointment we'll schedule a few tests if I want them done, I don't really care about the tests to be honest. It's not going to change anything but I suppose it would be nice to know if something was going on so we could prepare ourselves (aka research) and Scott can make sure everybody around me knows the proper response so I don't punch them in the face. Just saying.
looking forward to: Hello, did you read the above part?! Gender scan. Next week. That means sh*t gets really real and I get to plan and shop!
worries: *deep breath* I actually didn't have the worries this week. Shocker, I know. Maybe it was the whole NYE thing and all the inspirational "Let things go" posts that come along with the resolutions but this week I had some clarifying moments. I tend to let things eat me up and really get to me. There's a few situations in particular that have done this for YEARS (talk about horribly unhealthy for me, my mental health, and even some of my relationships) so I've decided that this is truly the time to let it go. I have a wonderful, supportive husband, two beautiful daughters, a great job, 3 dogs to take care of, and a home that constantly requires attention. Not to mention friends and family that are positive impacts, and this little baby inside me. I think I have enough on my plate, I'm done worrying about things that are out of my control :) Not everybody in life will like you or the choices you make, that's their perrogative. They aren't going to change me or my choices so I'm done worrying about it. Whew, that's a load off my shoulders right there!
what's different this time: I think the belly is a bit bigger, but I also know the rest of my body is smaller, so that might have something to do with it... The other day I was also thinking about how different it is to be around my family while pregnant this time. I really didn't see them a lot last time but I appreciate being around them now. My parents especially have really taken the effort to help in any way possible since I've been so sick. Even just the little things like making sure I have food that I can eat or that sounds good. Thanks mom & dad!
milestones: I have no clue.... We made it to 2014- instead of saying next year the baby will be here, we're suddenly a lil closer!
best moment this week: Gender scan is scheduled! I should also say that the gender scan is also my confirmation that there's only one baby in me. The first ultrasound gave me some relief but didn't clear up allllll the doubt. Plus as similar as this pregnancy has been to the girls' I'm just being cautious. Also, I haven't talked about this a lot but the girls are seriously ADORABLE with their baby dolls Nana & Papa got them for Christmas and Scott has been really stressing to them that there's a baby in Mama's belly. He's trying to get them to be more careful but Charlie has also taken to rubbing my belly now! She'll come over, lift my shirt up, and rub my belly like we do hers, it's too cute :)
I will try to add pictures soon, I really need to!
No comments:
Post a Comment