Monday, January 20, 2014

17 Weeks


E&C update in one word: ornery. They are sweetness covered in the knowledge they are cute with the sass to back it all up. No worries, we aren't raising monsters or little divas. They know what time out and the word no means but there are moments when you hear that ornery lil laugh (esp Miss C) and you can't help but shake your head. Right now their vocab is expanding ever so slightly- they both can say Nana, Papa, uh oh, dog, mama, dada, and baby (convenient, right?), and their signing is getting too. They are regularly signing to me without being prompted. Just yesterday I was in Target with the girls who were eating some fruit snacks, when E ran out she promptly let me know and signed to tell me she wanted more. Smart girl :)


I actually wrote this post last week but my blogger account is acting funny. I have pics to post but let me at least get this posted and then I'll edit it!

how far along:  17 weeks

size of baby according to the bump an onion, about 5.1 inches long and weighing 5.9 ounces.  Baby is gaining some fat, growing stronger and getting a thicker umbilical cord... yay? I know that's one of those very important medical developments but it's not the kind that really gets somebody excited.

weight gain:  

maternity clothes:  Nope. Not even a rubber band or belly band. Rumor has it that you "pop" sooner your second pregnancy because your body kind of recognizes what's going on (as opposed to the first time when your body is screaming wth?! at you) and adapts quicker. I think my body is confused. I'm sure all my hormone levels and whatever else is going on is 1/2 of what it was last time so my body is taking it's sweet time. That is fine by me! Though I do have quite the lil pooch going on...

symptoms: Nausea. Wonky blood sugar issues. I saw stars a few times this week. The belly pooch is starting to form, especially at night.

exercise: Can I count the set of steps I did last weekend? I was carrying things from the 2nd floor down to the basement and then going back up

cravings/aversions:  I still love the popsicles- they are sweet but not pure sugar, they really taste like fruit!! I've been eating a lot of cereal which has a downfall- the girls now want cereal. I hate giving them cheerios (I didn't do it when they were younger because they are useless calories as my pediatrician told me) but they want whatever goes in my mouth! Oy. I still can't stand hard boiled eggs or Chinese food.

movement: Once! Last Thursday night I was laying on our bed watching TV and hadn't moved in a very long time when all of a sudden I felt the baby shift and go to the right side of my midline. I started rubbing my belly and you could definitely feel a difference from the right to the left! So crazy and awesome at the same time :)

sleep:  Not bad. Just really busy/stressed about work so when I wake up early in the morning I am always contemplating getting my work phone out and shooting off emails. 

gender: It's a.... GIRL!!

looking forward to:  Really getting to work on the nursery! My plans are finalized and everybody on the work team (Ha- Scott & my parents) are clued in so we are good to go. This weekend the furniture in the guest bedroom is going bye bye so the office furniture can move out of the to be nursery and into the new office/old guest bedroom. It's like musical chairs but with rooms. I'll be so happy when I can just call the rooms by one name- which will be this weekend!

worries:  I always worry about the health of the baby, but that's the biggest one right now. Oh, and the car issue... We love our Tahoe, I hate the payments (seriously, wth Scott) and although the 3rd car seat fits in the 2nd row I just don't think this is going to work. I feel like this isn't a smart decision for us trying to shove three young kids in one row of a big SUV.

what's different this time:  Things seem to be going quicker and I'm not as consumed by the pregnancy. I know it's because I have so many things, including two toddlers, keeping me busy. It's been a good thing though, and it's also made me about to make decisions a lot easier... except for the name thing which is basically on me right now. Ugh.

milestones:  We know the gender!

best moment this week:  Seeing our lil girl on the ultrasound! Long skinny legs just kicking the crap out of her momma! She showed us her hand, yawned, sucked her fingers, and kicked those long legs a bunch for us. It's always amazing to see your baby be so active inside you. 

No comments: