Wednesday, December 25, 2013

13 Weeks

Oh my goodness, Christmas is sneaking up on me! I heard on the news that this was the shortest Christmas shopping season on record. Pair that with two toddlers, working full time, and morning sickness that last all day, we have a nightmare on our hands! I'll be honest, I didn't plan ahead as well this year. I started to back in October and even the beginning of November... luckily I picked out the girls' Christmas outfits back then and had some things planned. Some days I just feel like I am USELESS come 7 pm (E&C's bedtime) and that's when I usually get stuff done.

E&C are doing well, they've been full of energy lately! We don't think they understand what Christmas is but they've experienced a few holiday traditions so far. They did Christmas in the Park at Longview with Nana and Papa and really enjoyed seeing all the lights. We visited Santa again this year... that didn't go very well! Mama got to sit with Santa this year because Ellie Jo wouldn't even let her bottom TOUCH Santa before she threw a fit. Charlie was not having it either but I at least got her on his lap before she freaked out and was fighting to get out of his hands. Good times :) We also introduced "Elf on the Shelf" this year. We haven't been too crazy with it this year because just moving Ginger (our elf) around the house is exciting enough for the girls. This week we've had more issues with the tree and keeping lil hands off the ornaments but they've done better than expected with it. The tree is still standing (their mama had a history of knocking trees over as a kid) so I think that's impressive!

Scott and I did a lot of last minute shopping and by that I mean I found things online and asked Scott his opinion which was usually, "Sure, go for it!"

I still have 4 people to shop for- my cousin (who's name Scott drew in the family exchange), Jeff, Laura, and Scott. I have everything picked out but I need my Dad's help for Scott (it's gonna be good!) and just need to buy the things I picked out.

Let's also keep our fingers crossed that the girls' presents show up... We ordered a massive amount of toys last weekend from Little Tikes (seriously, cleaned them out) and if they don't show up then Christmas might be a little bare.

So here's the pregnancy specific info for the weekly monitoring:

My belly is odd to me. It's not a belly but it's not my normal body. In the morning I look like me but with some extra thickness from normal... I've looked at previous preggo pics and I look thinner than I did when I got pregnant with the girls! Which makes sense because I still weigh 10lbs less. By the end of the night with food, liquid (holy hydration, I drink a LOT), and bloat I look like I ate a serious meal. I'm interested in when the belly will show up, everybody says second pregnancy is soon but since my first pregnancy was multiples I'm sure that plays a difference.
how far along:  13 weeks 

size of baby according to the bump a peach, about 2.9 inches long and weighing .81 ounces.  Baby is growing vocal cords and teeth, and he or she even has finger prints!  Also, the intestines are moving from the umbilical cord into the baby's belly.

weight gain:  Same. I'm still within my normal range. Even weirder, at night when the belly is visible to me I still weigh within my range!

maternity clothes:  Nope, still in normal clothes! But I was wearing a pair of dress pants yesterday that felt a little tight at the end of the day. Granted the Chipotle probably didn't help...

symptoms: Nauseous. Food aversions. And it hurt when I sneezed yesterday. Seriously, I don't know why but I remember the same thing from with the girls.

cravings/aversions: Juice! No clue why but I love cran-grape juice right now. And iced tea. Oh how I love me some iced tea... I've been eating a lot of cereal but last night it was fighting back (seriously, disgusting) but nothing else stands out at me as amazing. Except I've really wanted a chocolate peanut butter cupcake from Smallcakes. Amazeballs. I might have to stop by today and grab one... mmmm.

movement:  nope

sleep: It's been fine. Once it a while I have to wake up to pee but that's because I drink so much every day!

gender:  There's a 50/50 shot either way. Part of me says boy though... granted I felt the same way with the girls. Ha, I'm terrible at this!

looking forward to:  By this time next week we will be out in the open, YAY!!

worries:  This week I read about a mom who died of cancer within a year of her child being born. Add that to the sad tragic stories of moms dying. That is my worry. 

what's different this time: I weigh less... ??? I haven't had 13 dr's appointments and 7 ultrasounds yet. Other than that what I remember of last time (puking, feeling about ready to puke, the desire to curl up in a ball and forget this constant sick feeling) is all about the same. I haven't outgrown my clothes yet, that's a lil different! Granted I was holding on to my skinny clothes last time (let's remind ourselves I started 10-15lbs heavier thanks to the PCOS and the drugs) so I didn't have as much wiggle room. But I remember utilizing the rubberband trick right around this point or in the next week or two with the girls. Who knows, maybe next week my tune will change!

milestones:   I go by end of first tri being 13w2d so that would be Saturday... c'mon Saturday!

best moment this week:  I got to hear Bobbie's heartbeat :) It was strong and easily found, coming in at 150... I did go back and check what I had down for the girls and the slowest bpm we have written down was at 7 weeks (134 & 146- which lead me to believe one of each) but after that they were consistently around 160s. Just comparing :)

No comments: