Wednesday, December 25, 2013

9 weeks


This week has been hard. Not going to lie but morning sickness has a way of kicking your butt sometimes and I am feeling more defeated than I want to admit. I've spent many nights with my head in the toilet and most days I feel like I got hit by a bus. But my doctor told me yesterday that it's a good sign (granted I've heard it doesn't mean a darn thing if you're not sick!) that my body is working to help this baby grow healthy.


written on November 22, 2013
    
how far along:  9 weeks

size of baby according to the bump an olive, about .7 ounces and .9 inches long... and officially not an embryo any longer, we've now got a fetus! 

weight gain:  Nothing. I actually lost a couple pounds. But my belly does have this lil round ness right below my belly button in the middle despite everything else being sunken!

maternity clothes:  Nope

symptoms:  Nausea, indigestion, and just a general blah feeling. I've realized that I'm not a tired pregnant woman, I don't feel like I could sleep, I just want to lay down so my stomach stops spinning!

exercise:  I do stairs and weights every day... we live in a two story house and I have 23 lb babies that I carry around (yes, that's 46 lbs total so I'm counting it as weights!)

cravings/aversions:  I'm still drinking cherry coke from sonic as much as I can get it. Cereal worked this week but really nothing else. Don't mention Chinese food still, that makes me gag at the thought. Nothing really sounds good.

movement:  I feel my belly moving which always makes me terrified that I'm going to puke...

sleep:  Normal. Not more than 7.5 hours but sometimes less when I can't turn off my brain.

gender:   Who knows! We've got 7 weeks before we do a gender scan so I'm not even going to guess.

looking forward to: Getting to tell people and getting passed the first trimester

worries:  The same ones from last week. I'm not worried about us handling this, I have faith in our abilities as parents and our marriage. We've dealt with difficulty before, we'll deal with it in the future I know but I have faith in us ;)

what's different this time:  nothing. Honestly, I thought last time was bad because it was twins and that made it worse. Nope, just as bad and there's only one!

milestones:  Hello, we're no longer a embryo here, we're on to fetus status

best moment this week:  Seeing Bobbie ;) AND finding out that there's only one Bobbie and not multiples. It will be interesting to see how this pregnancy is different compared to last time, so far only an absence of 75 tests and ultrasounds which I'm strangely ok with

So that's it, even though nobody will read this for a while :)

No comments: